cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS XE SD-WAN Support UCS E-Series

baddington1
Level 1
Level 1

Does the ISR IOS XE SD-WAN image support existing investments in UCS E-Series servers? Would I be able to run applications on the UCS E-Series server which resides in an ISR running the IOS XE SD-WAN image?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately, I can't verify it right now, but the main problem here is that you won't be able to configure "ucse" interfaces and hence reach UCS blade, vManage controller does not have such interface in the interface feature template list. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

ekhabaro
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

UCS E-series module is not supported at the moment

What if I upgrade the IOS image to IOS-XE SD-WAN 16.9.x? If running SD-WAN natively on the ISR, does this support the UCS hardware which maybe running/hosting other services?

Unfortunately, I can't verify it right now, but the main problem here is that you won't be able to configure "ucse" interfaces and hence reach UCS blade, vManage controller does not have such interface in the interface feature template list. 

By the way, some modules will be supported in later releases for sure. Can you please let me know exact part number of your UCS E series module? 

UCS-E160S-M3/K9.

good news, it's definitely on the roadmap.

Thanks again, since it is on the road map do we know what the time table is for support?

UCS-E module is planned for July 2019 (19.2), but please reach your account team if you need more solid confirmation
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: