cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help in On-Premises ZTP deployment (need design and traffic flow)

RohitRaj03827
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi all - I’m doing an implementation of Cisco SD-WAN (Viptela) - around 90 routers (mix of ISR 1111 and ISR 4k)
- The problem is - this is a pure on-prem deployment. So, the routers won’t get an internet connection
- Everything will be mpls
- Since the branches are remote - I can’t send team members to all locations.
- Zero touch provisioning has to come to the rescue so as to prevent travel / remote support logistics
- Has anyone else faced this situation?
- Were you able to get Zero touch provisioning to work? If so how? What specific help is needed from the MPLS service providers to achieve Play and play / Zero touch provisioning for such a deployment?

Regards,
Rohit Raj
5 Replies 5

Hi
Thanks for the reply but this only indicates how to deploy ZTP server at On
cloud not at on-prem, I wanted to know how i will deploy the on prem ZTP
and mt remote site sd-wan router will contact with vBond ZTP server when
transport media is only MPLS.
Regards,
Rohit Raj

your understanding is wrong. This document describes enterprise ZTP server that you should use if your network has no connectivity to CIsco PNP/ZTP.

ok got your point.

i am facing one more problem, customer is using cedge router (CSR1000v), not  able to run the command under 

cEdge5(config)# sdwan

cEdge5(config-sdwan)# interface GigabitEthernet1

cEdge5(config-interface-GigabitEthernet1)# commit

after that i am getting an error message :

Aborted: 'sdwan interface GigabitEthernet1': Interface GigabitEthernet1 doesn't exist. Please use interfacee

but when i am using show ip int br

cEdge5#show ip int br
Interface IP-Address OK? Method Status Protocol
GigabitEthernet1 10.10.30.5 YES manual up up
GigabitEthernet2 unassigned YES unset up up
GigabitEthernet3 unassigned YES unset up up
GigabitEthernet4 192.168.0.117 YES other up up

can you help me why i am getting this error everytime

Regards,
Rohit Raj

You need separate thread for this new question. I'll still go ahead and reply for now, but if you have more questions, please start a new thread

Have you created tunnel interface before adding gig1 under sdwan? (refer sdwan-docs.cisco.com)

Configure the tunnel interface to use for overlay connectivity. The tunnel number must match the WAN interface used. For example, if the router interface is Gig0/0/2, the tunnel interface number is 2.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: