Views
Helpful
Replies

Number of BFD session per vEdge

amcastagna
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

I'm designing a project that has many remote sites (around 900) with most of the possible combination in terms of topologies with the following access configurations: 1internet only, 1 internet + 1 mpls, 1 internet + 1 internet, 1 mpls + 1 mpls, 1 internet + 1 internet in HA, 2 internet + 1 mpls, 2 internet in HA + 2 internet in HA and maybe other as well. (This means a lot of TLOCs in a full mesh topology)

The question is regarding how to estimate the amount of BFD session per site in a full mesh topology and how to choose the right vEdge.

I know each TLOC demands a BFD session with all other TLOC and this may limit the scalability of the solution, so what are the alternatives to keep small devices for remote sites? I guess that to support this large deployment I may need bigger boxes only to support the BFD sessions which makes the solution much more expensive.

Thanks in advance.

Andres

2 Replies 2

kumaamit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Andres,

Please go through the following link:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/solutions/collateral/enterprise-networks/sd-wan/nb-07-vedge-routers-data-sheet-cte-en.pdf

It might help you with selecting the right device for your deployment.

Thanks,

Amit

prastrip
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have control policies and go with hub and spoke or regional solution also use restrict wherever possible.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: