Views
Helpful
Replies

Same interface template on more than one interface

ciscoworlds
Level 4
Level 4

Hello;

my lab topology is a classic SD-WAN where my vEdges have 2 external interfaces inside VPN 0 (one for MPLS and another for Internet connectivity). I've created a Feature template for such an interface but vManage allows me to use this template only for one of external interface. 

sd-wan02.png

As the picture shows, I selected "HQ-vpn0-EX-IF" template for my first VPN 0 interface but it grayed out for my second VPN 0 interface. 

Despite that the official deployment guide on Cisco website creates one template for MPLS interface and another template for Internet, I'm curious to know if my method is valid.

And after all, do I need to create a separate template for every VPN interface?! If so, then what is the benefit of creating a template when I need to create a separate template for any interface? I would prefer to directly configure interfaces one by one rather than creating additional overhead by pre-configuring a template!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Feature template which is used cannot be attached with in the same device template, but can be re used in another device template.

Regards,

Srikanth

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Feature template which is used cannot be attached with in the same device template, but can be re used in another device template.

Regards,

Srikanth

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: