Views
Helpful
Replies

SD-WAN ISR1100 LTE and Gig interface active

Joe-Jose
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I am trying to configure an ISR1117-4PLTE router with two simultaneous internet connection. 

1) gigabit ethernet (connected to internet behind a NAT)

2)LTE SIM (Internet via public ip)

Is it possible to have all these interfaces up and running simultaneously so that i can have App-Aware routing for these links.

Will the LTE link be always up (without user initiated traffic). Can the control connections be up through both these interfaces simultaneously.?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

ekhabaro
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Yes, this is certainly possible. You can have control connections (CC) over both interfaces. Most likely in default scenario with one vSmart, you'll see one CC to vSmart over LTE, once CC to vSmart over internet circuit and one CC via any link to vManage.

Thanks for the reply.

But the scenario that i am seeing here is this.

Once the router is brought up it will establish control connection via LTE. (all good and managed).

If i make Gig0/0 connect to internet , router establish control connection via this Gig port and LTE connection goes down. there is no more control connection via LTE and no traffic/BFD.

Its not working simultaneously. 

Is this what i should do to get this working ?

"Cellular Interface Configuration for Always-On Connection"

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/interfaces/software/feature/guide/ehwic-4g-ltesw-book.html#con_1334907

And if so will be able to achieve the same via a template. do i have to use a CLI template in this case.( i am not able to find the dialer configuration under interface template).

Thanks in advance.

Simon Ko
Level 1
Level 1

Depending on the version of SDWAN software you are running, ISR devices have problem with ECMP routes.

When you have two default routes out of ISR, it works for a while.

If there is an interruption in any one link, ISR seems to lose track of interfaces.

Solution for now, is weigh differently for each link.

Hope this helps.