cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vEdges v16.2.10 upgrade to v19.2.099

sdwan_mike
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone, so i have 8 new boxes of vedge-100b that came with version 16.2.10 (year 2017). I am trying to upgrade the software to the latest version 19.2.099. I have verified the hash of the image and i downloaded it without issues from cisco.

The problem is i cannot upgrade the vedge, i get the error:

WE# request software install-image viptela-19.2.099-mips64.tar.gz
rootfs.img: OK
rootfsimg.sig: OK
vmlinux: OK
crash.kernel: OK
kernel.sig: OK
u-boot-n818.bin: OK
u-boot-n820a.bin: OK
u-boot-n820b.bin: OK
u-boot-n820c.bin: OK
u-boot-n820f.bin: OK
u-boot-n821.bin: OK
u-boot-n822.bin: OK
n818_octboot2.bin: OK
n820_octboot2.bin: OK
Bad signing cert
Signature verification failed.

I cannot get the vedges connected properly with the controllers i have (on prem, version 19.2.099, i know the controllers/certificate are fine because i have 2x ASR 19.2version and those are working). I read a lot of release notes and it looks like i need to have around the same version of controllers and vedges. And this is why i decided to upgrade the vedges by CLi

While i might get a nice answer from this forum, i am thinking of doing an upgrade form 16.x to 17.x to 18.x then finally to 19.x

which will be a nightmare since i have more boxes coming.

**i wonder the same why cisco shipped these boxes with a 2year old OS.

4 Replies 4

RohitRaj03827
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

Open Tech case with Cisco.

Regards,
Rohit Raj

I have the same problem ...

What did the TAC end up instructing you to do? Incremental upgrade to 18.x first?  Then 18x to 19x?

sasig
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I presume your controllers running 19.2 , if you check the compatibility matrix, your vEdges running 16.x are not supported

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/sdwan/release/notes/19-2/sd-wan-rel-notes-19-2.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: