Views
Helpful
Replies

viptela vBond template issue

osman.elhanafy
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,
i faced an issue while i was trying to attach device template to vBond controller, pleasefind below the error

Server error: Error on line 47: unknown element: ipv6-advertise in /ncs:devices/ncs:device[ncs:name='vip_internal_temp_device_88f6c76b-0fb0-4e14-8c95-5e5d56320f5f']/ncs:config/viptela-omp:omp/viptela-omp:ipv6-advertise

thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin Kyrc
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I had the same issue with vEdge but I think it should be the same problem. My vManage version is 18.4.0. After some troubleshooting I have solution.

Problem description (im my case):

• Issue is connected with OMP default configuration in Device Template (TPL) configuration. By default is IPv6 enabled.
  • when you apply device template with no IPv6 network configuration, you get error message

Solution (in my case):

• create own "omp feature template" (copy it from default template "Factory_Default_vEdge_OMP_ipv46_Template")
  • disable IPv6 in your new template
  • attach customized feature TPL to your device TPL

Let us know if it's working for you,

Martin

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ekhabaro
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Can you please let me know which version of vManage are you using?

Martin Kyrc
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I had the same issue with vEdge but I think it should be the same problem. My vManage version is 18.4.0. After some troubleshooting I have solution.

Problem description (im my case):

• Issue is connected with OMP default configuration in Device Template (TPL) configuration. By default is IPv6 enabled.
  • when you apply device template with no IPv6 network configuration, you get error message

Solution (in my case):

• create own "omp feature template" (copy it from default template "Factory_Default_vEdge_OMP_ipv46_Template")
  • disable IPv6 in your new template
  • attach customized feature TPL to your device TPL

Let us know if it's working for you,

Martin