cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vSmart image will not load in vContainer

jackfarrer
Level 1
Level 1

I am attempting to stand up a multi-tenant configuration in my lab.  I have created the vContainer server with a 20G second drive, loaded the viptela-smart-18.3.7-genericx86-64_vhd.tar.gz image into the admin home directory.  When I issue the request container image install /home/admin/viptela-smart-18.3.7-genericx86-64_vhd.tar.gz command, it sits for some time and then says 'Failure'.  Looking at the vcontainer.log in /var/log, I'm seeing the error below.  What would be causing this or how to fix it?

Wed Aug 14 17:14:34 UTC 2019: Running image_install cli image /home/admin/viptela-smart-18.3.7-genericx86-64_vhd.tar.gz
mount: special device /var/lib/docker/tmpvip/container/rootfs.img does not exist

1 Reply 1

Hilda Arteaga
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @jackfarrer 

Thanks for posting your question on the Cisco Community. Currently we have a special event where a subject matter expert is answering all the questions related to SD-WAN.

Please feel free to post your questions there: https://community.cisco.com/t5/sd-wan/ask-the-expert-sd-wan-fundamentals-and-implementation/m-p/3910571

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: