cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

a server vpn behind a cisco router

kike.alvarez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I have a problem. I have a ms vpn l2tp/ipsec server behind a router cisco. The router cisco have a public ip and it nat 3 vpn port of vpn l2tp/ipsec to vpn server ( udp 500,1701 & 4500). But it doesnt conect. If i try the vpn server with a clinet in the same lan it conect, but with the other client outside lan dont conect. I suppose that i would add any command that i unknown. I had nat with the next command :

ip nat inside source static udp inside port outside port. Someboy knows if i am doing somthing incorrect

4 Replies 4

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check the router logs which other port failed to connect and add them in router NAT

thank you. I made a better thing, i add in the roter ip nat inside source static inside outside for rerouter all trafic to the vpn server. But it continues failed

Hi,

What about the access-groups on the interfaces? Do we have any? If yes, try removing those for testing and if it works then we'll need to allow the traffic on those specific ports like 500, 1701, 4500 etc. And what kinda logs do we get when we try to connect?

Regards,

Kamal

hi.

I don't have any filter in this interface. As for the log, i don`t know how to get it. i suppose that i will have to configure a syslog server. Is it this way?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card