Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect for 32-Bit Linux OS?

Matthew Martin
Level 5
Level 5

Hello All,

Is there no longer installation packages (.tar.gz) for 32-bit (*i386) Linux distributions?

We have the AnyConnect Apex licenses, but I do not see any download for 32-bit Linux distros... They all specifically say 64-bit Linux.

Thanks,
Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

AnyConnect for 32-bit Linux is only available on pre-4x versions.

• All Linux 32-bit platforms— As of AnyConnect 4.0, Linux 32-bit packages will no longer be distributed. Since the AnyConnect Downloader will not be able to upgrade installed Linux32 versions of AnyConnect, existing Linux32 installs will continue to work unaffected.

Source - http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect40/release/notes/b_Release_Notes_AnyConnect_4_0.html

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Why not take the chance to go to 64 bit Linux?  It has been out a very very long time.

Hey Philip, thanks for the reply.

Do you mean try the 64-bit installer or a 64-bit OS? Sorry wasn't sure what you meant, pretty sure you mean the installer, but just checking...

Thanks Again,

Matt

I meant upgrade to a 64 bit Linux and then use the 64 bit client.

Ok, thanks for the reply Philip... I would need a new laptop to do that though, but thanks anyway...

-Matt

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

AnyConnect for 32-bit Linux is only available on pre-4x versions.

• All Linux 32-bit platforms— As of AnyConnect 4.0, Linux 32-bit packages will no longer be distributed. Since the AnyConnect Downloader will not be able to upgrade installed Linux32 versions of AnyConnect, existing Linux32 installs will continue to work unaffected.

Source - http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect40/release/notes/b_Release_Notes_AnyConnect_4_0.html

Marvin, thanks for the reply.

Looks like the only Standalone or Head-End deployment version I was able to find for 32-bit linux was for AnyConnect v3.1.10010. The download is called:

Standalone package for 32-bit Linux platforms
anyconnect-predeploy-linux-3.1.10010-k9.tar.gz

Which is the oldest version available for AnyConnect 3.x...

Thanks Again,
Matt

They are updating the AnyConnect 3.x packages for 32-bit Linux (although AnyConnect 3.x overall EoS has been announced). 

See, for instance, anyconnect-linux-3.1.14018-k9.pkg.

Cisco's pkg files are actually archives which can be opened with something like 7-Zip and you will see all the files necessary to install the client in the archive. Specifically there's a shell script vpnsetup.sh in that archive.

It's easiest to just distribute it from the ASA - then all of that will be done automatically when connecting.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card