Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

New Hall of Fame Member-Peter PAluch

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted

Can stealthwatch show a HOST NAME next to the HOST ADDRESS (IP) ???

Hi Team,

Someone knows if is possible that stealthwatch show a HOST NAME next to the HOST ADDRESS (IP)

The users works fine between ise and LDAP, but i can´t see in Stealthwatch GUI the HOST NAME (LDAP).
I attach an example of the GUI as I see StealthWatch web dashboard.

Regards!

4 REPLIES
VIP Engager RJI VIP Engager
VIP Engager

Re: Can stealthwatch show a HOST NAME (LDAP) next to the HOST ADDRESS (IP) ??? ise 2.1 - Stealthwatch 6.10.3

Hi,
So if you are using ISE are you doing 802.1x authentication? If so you can configure pxgrid integration between ISE and Stealthwatch, this will share the User/IP address mapping information and you should be able to achieve what you are looking for.

HTH

Re: Can stealthwatch show a HOST NAME next to the HOST ADDRESS (IP) ??? ise - Stealthwatch

Hello RJI,

Following this path in the dashboard _ MONITOR _ HOSTS  the dashboard, can "Host Name" show the user (LDAP) ??? or the information that shows "Host Name" is the name of the server ???

I attached an image for greater understanding

Thank you!

Regards!

Cisco Employee

Re: Can stealthwatch show a HOST NAME (LDAP) next to the HOST ADDRESS (IP) ??? ise 2.1 - Stealthwatch 6.10.3

Carlos,

Have you configured your Stealthwatch Management Console (SMC) so that it can resolve using a local DNS?  If so (and if the local IP is listed in the local DNS DB) I believe that those network addresses should resolve to host names in the WebGUI.

I hope this helps.

Brian

Re: Can stealthwatch show a HOST NAME next to the HOST ADDRESS (IP) ??? ise - Stealthwatch

Hello  brford,

Following this path in the dashboard _ MONITOR _ HOSTS , can "Host Name" show the user (LDAP) ??? or the information that shows "Host Name" is the name of the server ???

I attached an image for greater understanding

Thank you!

Regards!

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad

This widget could not be displayed.
Blog-Cisco Community Designated VIP Class of 2019