Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Security Manager capability question

mundy2014
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

Hopefully someone here can answer this question about Cisco Security Manager.

Can Cisco Security Manager receive and display syslog messages sent from a Firepower Management Center?

My testlab observations of the Cisco Security Manager product showed that it only displayed syslog messages in Cisco Security Manager's Event Viewer only if it was directly managing those Cisco products. 
I am trying to consolidate all the syslog messages generated from the devices on my network into one centralized syslog source via Cisco Security Manager's Event Viewer. The thing is, not all my devices can be directly managed by Cisco Security Manager.
Regards,
Joe
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CSM is not designed to be a general purpose syslog server. Also, it is a non-strategic product as it will be deprecated in the future in favor of FirePOWER Management Center.

For general purpose syslog I would recommend something like  SolarWinds Kiwi Syslog server (available in bare bones free edition and higher functionality paid edition). There are also open source solutions such as ELK Stack and GrayLog.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CSM is not designed to be a general purpose syslog server. Also, it is a non-strategic product as it will be deprecated in the future in favor of FirePOWER Management Center.

For general purpose syslog I would recommend something like  SolarWinds Kiwi Syslog server (available in bare bones free edition and higher functionality paid edition). There are also open source solutions such as ELK Stack and GrayLog.

Thank you Marvin.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card