Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM 4.2 SP1,Event Viewer Error - Eventing Service is unavailable

robert.lian
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I'm currently facing this issue where the CSM 4.2 Event Viewer keeps getting this error message:

"Eventing Service is unavailable

Event Management is disabled or the service failed to start

Please check if 'Event Management' is enabled from Configuration Manager >Tools>Security Manager Administration Settings>Event Management"

My current workaround is to restart the service by going to

Configuration Manager >Tools>Security Manager Administration Settings>Event Management. And the changing the Event Data Store Disk Size and click save to restart the Event Viewer to get it back up and running again.

Below is the screenshot of the error.

Appreciate any help which can solve this.

Thanks

CSM Event Viewer Error Msg.jpg

3 Replies 3

robert.lian
Level 1
Level 1

the device use with the CSM 4.2 SP1 is a Cisco 5585-X with the IPS module.

thanks

robert.lian
Level 1
Level 1

anybody can experience this before?

thanks

hoffa2000
Level 3
Level 3

I've got the same thing with my 4.8 installation. In general it feels like the Event Service is a weak point in my whole CSM setup and it's a shame since I rely on having a centralized log management.

My only clue so far is that my problems appear after the weekly CSM backup when all services are shut down automatically. At the moment of writing I have more problems than usual, I can get the Event Viewer up and running but no events are flowing in. And I didn't even get that far without pointing the database to an empty directory and thus loosing all historical events.

Edit: What solved things for me this time was when I clicked Restore Defaults and then gave it 10 minutes.

It's not good that the problem with events is still around even in version 4.8

/Fredrik

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: