Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC max. number of manageable devices

Karlheinz Hagen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

what we have here is a virtual FMC with a max. number of 25 manageable devices (FS-VMW-SW-K9). Actually we have less than 25 device but in the future the amount will raise above that limit. (26 at present)

What can be done to extend the maximum number of devices managed by this Firepower Managent Center?

Do we have to replace the virtual FMC by a FS2000? That's to large but the FS1500 is already end of sale. Or can we add an additional license (FS-VMW-2-SW-K9 for example)?

Thanks for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jetsy Mathew
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Karlheinz,

Using a virtual FMC , 25 is the maximum number of the  devices that you can manage. More than that you cant manage using any kind of license.

If you need to manage more devices then I would suggest FS2000. F1500 is already end of sale so its not feasible to go with it.

Refer the datasheet once because you are more familiar with your requirements.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/firesight-management-center/datasheet-c78-732251.html

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Rate if this answer helps you on your query.

Regards

Jetsy 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jetsy Mathew
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Karlheinz,

Using a virtual FMC , 25 is the maximum number of the  devices that you can manage. More than that you cant manage using any kind of license.

If you need to manage more devices then I would suggest FS2000. F1500 is already end of sale so its not feasible to go with it.

Refer the datasheet once because you are more familiar with your requirements.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/firesight-management-center/datasheet-c78-732251.html

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Rate if this answer helps you on your query.

Regards

Jetsy 

is 25 still a hard limit on a virtual device. Is there are plans to increase this or provide additional specs based FMC

Hello,,
How can i check the no of devices my FMC can manage ?

@NeWGuy1109 ,

The number of manageable devices is not controlled or enforced in the software. Rather it is a "right to use" limitation controlled solely by the licensing agreement.

For virtual Firepower Management Center (FMC) installations you need to check what license you purchased - via checking your purchase or sales order or checking with your reseller.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card