Views
Helpful
Replies

PPPoE on FMC

andre.ortega
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello there,

I am configuring PPPoE on Firepower Management Center (using ASA5506 w/ FTD software), but I didn't find the option to configure "set route", to the firewall learn the default gateway through PPPoE.

Does anyone know how to do that (enable the option set route on FMC)?

Best Regards.

10 Replies 10

andre.ortega
Spotlight
Spotlight

On version 6.2 we have flexconfig... but it also doesnt support the command "set route" :(

Hi,

I need to deploy an FTD with an Internet circuit using PPPoE too.

I do hope it uses the set route option by default!

Anybody done this before?

Regards,

Matt.

Did anyone find a solution to this? I have the same issue

I’ve deployed a few and it works fine. 👍🏻

Are you able to share screenshots of your PPPOE configuration from the FMC? Would be greatly appreciated if you could do as i've been banging my head against a wall with this for hours, I get the IP from the ISP but no route :(

Hi,

Here is the screenshot....

Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 19.06.38.png

I can't remember if "Enable Route Settings" actually has to be checked or not. There is no static default route configured through the FMC so the FTD is learning it from the ISP. On the CLI you can see the set route option is enabled under the interface.

If you are getting the IP from the ISP then your PAP/CHAP credentials must be right. Try checking "Enable Route Settings" and see if that works. Otherwise I suggest you talk to the ISP and see what they say?

Hope this helps,

Matt.

That tick box did it, thank you so much!

This is the way cisco word it in their "Interfaces for Firepower Threat Defense" PDF that I found

"Enable Route Settings—To manually configure the PPPoE IP address, check this box and then enter the IP Address."

So the functionality is different in reality (as is often the case ...)

BT.PNG

For anyone else who has this issue here is my settings for a BT Infinity connection in the United Kingdom:

You're very welcome. Glad to hear you got it up and running!

1.jpg2.jpg

Hello, everyone.

please tell me where to enable this feature.

"Enable Route Settings—To manually configure the PPPoE IP address, check this box and then enter the IP Address."

@ Bahodir Mirzakamalov Did you get the solution,

I tried to configure PPOE on FMC 6.4 and it is greyed out on the option IP type 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: