Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer ASDM settings to another PC

Reece Boucher
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

Work has upgraded my laptop and I need to transfer everything from my old one.

Q:  Does anyone know how I can transfer my ASDM configuration so I don't have to recreate all the devices I manage?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sorry - I was off by a directory. Look in:

C:\Users\<username>\.asdm\data

You should see a file "deviceinfo.conf". It has the IP addresses and any usernames you elected to save via the checkbox in the launcher.

There is also a file "preferences.conf" that has all of the preferences you had set via the GUI (preview CLI, packet analyzer path and file name etc.).

The files instruct you not to edit them but you should be able to safely copy them to your new PC.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Assuming a Windows installation, you should be able to copy the contents of C:\Users\<username>\.asdm\cache to your new PC.

Marvin,

Thanks for the quick response.

Tried it and it didn't work.  Still can only see 1 device in my list.

Reece.

Sorry - I was off by a directory. Look in:

C:\Users\<username>\.asdm\data

You should see a file "deviceinfo.conf". It has the IP addresses and any usernames you elected to save via the checkbox in the launcher.

There is also a file "preferences.conf" that has all of the preferences you had set via the GUI (preview CLI, packet analyzer path and file name etc.).

The files instruct you not to edit them but you should be able to safely copy them to your new PC.

Awesome Marvin.

Spot on.  Thanks heaps.

Reece.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card