cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Uninstall ACS 4.2 fail

Radim Jurica
Level 1
Level 1

I upgrade ACS from 4.1.4  to 4.2. I need to downgrade back to 4.1.4 without reinstalling W2003 server! But when I remove 4.2 I could not reinstall 4.1.4 because of "4.1.4 must be installed only on top of 4.1.1.x or 4.1.3.x". Using Clean.exe utility does not solve it. Cleaning registry does not solve it. I tried to watch "what was going behind" (find relevant lock file or register) using programs like FileMon anf RegMon, but without success. Thanks for any help in advance. RJ

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

aneelaka
Level 1
Level 1

You must have ACS 4.1 installed before you install ACS 4.1.4. So install ACS 4.1 then upgrade to 4.1.4

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jedubois
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

If you have the ACS 4.2 CD there is a support folder -> clean -> clean.exe.  If you run this utility it will completely remove ACS from your system.  If you do not have the ACS 4.2 CD please open a TAC case if you have a contract and we can provide the media for you.  The clean utiltity if version specific so you will need to 4.2 CD to remove the 4.2 install.

--Jesse

aneelaka
Level 1
Level 1

You must have ACS 4.1 installed before you install ACS 4.1.4. So install ACS 4.1 then upgrade to 4.1.4

Sorry yes this is correct, 4.1.1 must be installed before 4.1.4, teaches me to try to answer questions on a Friday afternoon....

--Jesse

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card