cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows Mobile L2TP Configuration

ericn8484_2
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to get VPN working through a Windows Mobile Cell Phone through at L2TP connection but have failed. I can see the attempts coming into our ASA firewall however the username is always blank and I have not found much information on how to configure this. Does anyone have any ideas or information on how to configure this?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

umedryk
Level 5
Level 5

To allow end users to connect using Windows Mobile devices, configure the Mobile Policy parameters. These parameters apply only to Windows Mobile devices. Include them only if your end users use Windows Mobile. Windows Mobile Policy enforcement is supported only on Windows Mobile 5, Windows Mobile 5+AKU2, and Windows Mobile 6. It is not supported on Windows Mobile 6.1. Attempts to connect to a secure gateway that is configured to require a security policy that cannot be enforced will fail.

I'm having related issue with L2TP-over-IPSec to ASA. Using 8.21 code, and always have UDP port 1701 discarded on Outside interface when I try to connect from an XP laptop. Have ACE for all IKE and IPSec protocols, but UDP 1701 is always discarded at Outside.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: