cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stealthwatch Flow Collectors (Cisco Secure Network Analytics)

latenaite2011
Level 4
Level 4

Hey Everyone,

Wanted to check if the Stealthwatch Flow Collectors can be configured in failover/high availability mode? I know the Stealthwatch Management Console supports failover but not sure the Stealthwatch Flow Collectors.  Looking for best practice.  I couldn't find any document on this but it could be that best practice is to install a Stealthwatch Flow Collector at one location and the second Flow Collector as a different location for redundancy but they aren't exactly redundancy but there is another box to receive flow traffic should one location not be available.

thanks!

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

A second flow collector that's receiving the same flows exported to it and then integrated with the SMC will just make more work for the flow deduplication.

Personally I think SNA is complicated enough without adding extra complexity of very limited potential value. Better to focus your time on optimizing the core features.

hanjabbo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Stealthwatch is not an inline solution, failover is not mandatory. However to achieve redundancy will require adding a follow collector and licenses in addition to sending the same telemetry twice to two flow collector. The system will then be in Active/Active model with double licensing. Recommended to go with cold failover if it is required.