cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stealthwatch Flow Sensor licence from SMC

icaum
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I wish you could help me. I have a client with Stealthwatch (v6.10.3), in their environment there are a SMC, FC and a FS, but when I check the System visibility on the SMC, I only see the SMC and the FC (not FS). In the SMC javascript (license management), I can see SMC and FC licenses (installed), and I don't see FS license, but when I check the licence status on the FS appliance, the license is installed. Do you have any idea what it can be?

Thank you for your help

3 Replies 3

hanjabbo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI, 

Please check if the Flow Sensor is managed by the SMC, by checking the FS configuration menu. 

if there is an existing SMC, in the configuration then delete, save the configuration and re-add it and save the configuration again. 

Regards
Hanna Jabbour

Hi Hanna,

Thank you for your reply.

I removed the SMC on the FS, and rebooted the FS, after I added the SMC again, and rebooted the FS again, but I con not see the FS on the SMC-System Visibility yet, do you have another ideia that what it can be?

Let me ask one question:

Is there anyway to force the inclusion of the FS on the SMC?

Can I execute again the sst process on the SMC without impact the current licensing on the(SMC and FC)?

PS. I've added the pictures

Best regards,

Ivan

HI , 

you can run the Ast wizard again since the Manager IP does not seems to be introduced in the flow sensor. 

it is https:/flow-sensor-ip/lc-ast

Worst case scenario you can factory reset the flow sensor, there is no configuration or data that you will loose since it is not functioning already. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: