cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stealthwatch Patches

toyip
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I need to apply rollup patches on my customer's Stealthwatch management console (SMC) and their flow collector (FC). The documentation on how to apply patches is very good. However, it doesn't explain how to rollback patches in case installing patches causes some noticeable side effect. How do you rollback or remove a rollup patch?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

toyip
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just confirmed that installing rollup patches is considered an upgrade. Downgrading to a earlier release version and/or removing rollup patches is not supported due to update changes in data structures and configurations that are required to supported new features installed during the update/patch install.  

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

how about backup and restore proceedure-  the current working  backup should be good good to roleback .

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I tried the backup/restore option by restoring the previous configuration, but the rollup patches were still there.

Thats should not be the case i guess. but good to know your inputs..

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

toyip
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just confirmed that installing rollup patches is considered an upgrade. Downgrading to a earlier release version and/or removing rollup patches is not supported due to update changes in data structures and configurations that are required to supported new features installed during the update/patch install.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: