Views
Helpful
Comments
Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

AsyncOS release terminology uses the following nomenclature:

Early Deployment (ED)
A Cisco software release that provides new features and new platform support, in addition to bug fixes. This is intended for early adoption by customers.  [This was formerly called First Customer Ship (FCS).]

Example: AsyncOS 9.0.0 build 087 upgrade For Management, 2015-1-30, is a release available for Early Deployment  

General Deployment (GD)
A Cisco software release that provides new features and new platform support in addition to bug fixes which is ready for deployment anywhere in customer networks where the features and functionality of the release are required. [This was formerly called General Availability (GA).]

Limited Deployment (LD)
A Cisco software release that is only applicable to a small subset of users.  This could be for supportability and or compatibility reasons, based on the version of software released, or platform the software supports.

Maintenance Deployment (MD)
A Cisco software release that provides bug fix support and ongoing software maintenance.

Example: AsyncOS 8.5.1 build 019 upgrade For Web, 2015-1-26, is a release available for Maintenance Deployment  

Hot Patch (HP)
A Cisco software targeted release for a customer to address specific critical product bug(s).

Example: AsyncOS 8.0.1 build 113 upgrade for Email,  2015-02-12, this release is available as a Hot Patch HP5

HP will require special provisioning for a customer appliance(s).  Customers will need to open a support request with Cisco Support.  Cisco Support will work directly with the customer in order to complete the provisioning accordingly.

To open a support request, please visit Cisco's Support Case Manager.

1 Comment
jerry_socci_90
Level 1
Level 1

If I'm doing an upgrade to my SMA, WSA and ESA looking to upgrade to latest version.  I do not have any current issues.  Do I select the "Maintenance Deployment" or "General Deployment"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: