cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Cybrid Group
Level 1
Level 1

Good Afternoon All,

I am looking at replacing our FTD 4110 with a FTD 3110. I have a few questions please?

1) is it possible to export the complete configuration for the 4110 and import it into the FTD 3110? Is there any manual work which is needed first?

2) The 3110 is in my lab and is being managed locally, the plan is to add these firewalls to the same FMC that the current 4110s are being managed, I would like to configure these as much as possible before I add them to FMC, the 3110 will eventually replace the 4110 in the next couple of months. I cannot find a guide on how to migrate FTD to FTD without the use of FMC, any help would be much appreciated. The 4110s are currently in our datacenter and the 3110s are in my office ready to be build once I know the best way of doing this. 

thank you for reading my post. 

1 Comment
lciccare
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Cybrid Group .

You can use the Import/Export feature to copy configurations between appliances. For more information, you can check the following Firepower Management Center Configuration Guide - Configuration Import and Export.

There are some limits and considerations you need to consider.

It's worth it to mention that you can't export the complete configuration, but you can only export some parts of it such as ACP and the policies they invoke, intrusion policies, platform settings, health policies, etc...

Also, keep in mind that:

lciccare_0-1682685418364.png

The export/import must be performed by using the FMC.
Be sure to go through the documentation reading for more details.

If you find my reply solved your question or issue, kindly click the 'Accept as Solution' button and vote it as helpful.

You can also learn more about Cisco Secure Firewall (formerly known as NGFW) through our live Ask the Experts (ATXs) session. Check out Cisco Network Security ATXs Resources [https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-knowledge-base/cisco-network-security-ask-the-experts-resources/ta-p/4416493] to view the latest schedule for upcoming sessions, as well as the useful references, e.g. online guides, FAQs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: