Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
mateens
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am configuring site to site vpn with the remote end dynamic in FMC. Getting the following warnings. I am migrating these from ASA. Shouldnt they work in FTD as well ?

Warning:Endpoint cannot participate in multiple topologies with remote peer having dynamic IP
Description:Same device cannot participate in multiple VPN topologies where the remote peer device is dynamically addressed.
Cause:Device HA-XYZ participates in two VPN topologies, 01-01 and 03-01, in which one or more of the remote peer(s) is dynamically addressed.
Action:Please merge the VPN topologies to ensure only one topology has the device HA-XYZ peering with any number of dynamically addressed remote peer(s)
2 Comments
balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have not tried it, as per the document remote end dynamic end supported - like to hub and spoke 

so Hub side should be static IP right?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/640/configuration/guide/fpmc-config-guide-v64/firepower_threat_defense_site_to_site_vpns.html

one question :

"remote end dynamic in FMC" can you clarify this?

mateens
Level 1
Level 1

FTD has static ip. All the other VPN locations have dynamic IPs. They are around 50 tunnels which will termitate with FTD. Worked fine with ASA. I cannot test it before hand was wondering why was there warning message. p.s I am chosing point-to-point topology in FTD.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: