Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
keithcclark71
Level 3
Level 3

I tried to add a FTD today to FMC 6.6 and when I executed the add command it finished but then errored on a gateway error for the management interface. I then went to try and launch the FTD web interface and assume I can no longer access it due to trying to add to the FMC. I believe it removed the FDM on me during the add operation (WTF) Anyways I tried to configure network for the management interface etc and I cannot get into the FTD 1010 period. It's like when I did the add operation it had erased all IP settings so now the 1010 IP which was gateway'd and pingable before the ADD to FMC operation is no longer pingable. I belive my only option now is to reimage grrrr. Anyways I am going to reimage etc and my question is regarding the management interface. I assume all communication between the FTD1010 and the FMC goes over the management interface? If so can I static assign the management interface and have it's gateway set to the FTD itself on same subnet??? Right now I have the FMC and managemet plugged into the switch ports on the FTD 1010. I'm hoping someone can add some insight here as to if I can have the management on the same subnet as the data switch ports on the 1010 and if there is a better way to do this than having to reimage the FTD. 

2 Comments
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: