Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ISE 2.4 Patch 2 Release is now available at Cisco Software Download for ISE 2.4. Resolved Caveats in Cisco ISE Release 2.4 - Cumulative Patch 2 has more info.

Update 2018-Aug-03: This Patch Release has been re-posted on 2018-Aug-02. The new bundle file name is

ise-patchbundle-2.4.0.357-Patch2-18080100.SPA.x86_64.tar.gz

Due to CSCvk57963, it replaces the previous posted bundle which has the filename ise-patchbundle-2.4.0.357-Patch2-18072612.SPA.x86_64.tar.gz.

33 Comments
Ping Zhou
Level 8
Level 8

When can we know for sure it’s ready? 

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@hslai wrote:

Due to CSCvk57963, this patch is not currently available for download. Please do not apply it, if downloaded.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Come on ISE BU, this if the third time in a year where I have seen a patch released and then pulled back down. The focus on software quality has been discussed, where is it?
Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

The bug id CSCvk57963 is not visible to customers.  Is anyone at liberty to divulge what this bug is all about?

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CSCvk57963 was filed as a result of a case I was working with TAC. 

Basically the installation fails on a multi-node deployment. It's further complicated if you initiate from the GUI because "patch remove" from the cli will work but then the system will notice that pending job and re-attempt to install patch 2 and fail.

There is a work around but it's not sustainable. The patch needs to go back to development for revision and additional testing and regression analysis before it's ready for widespread production deployment.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Arne Bier wrote:

The bug id CSCvk57963 is not visible to customers.

It is now visible to the public.

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

ISE, intrinsically suspicious excecution.  thankx for the heads up. 

@Marvin Rhoads  THANKS for the explanation! 

Istvan Matyasovszki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Is a patch2+fix for CSCvk57963 expected to be available within the next days ? If not, what is the new ETA for patch2 ?

Many thanks

Istvan

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Istvan Matyasovszki I've been told to expect it in the coming few days.

I'm sure Cisco will want to triple check the quality control on the re-release.

Istvan Matyasovszki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thank you Marvin, let us see if we can also get an official estimate.

Istvan

Istvan Matyasovszki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi all,

Is there any information available on the new ETA for ISE 2.4 Patch 2.

Thank you

Istvan

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Istvan Matyasovszki

Friday 3 August is the latest projection. It could be late in the day San Jose time so don't look for it too early.

Istvan Matyasovszki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds good,

Cheers

Istvan

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thanks for the update Hsing-Tsu - I see the new file is posted.

I think I'll wait a week or so to try it again and let some other brave souls go first.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: