Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Knight1216_2
Community Member

I have a small network at my house that uses the WRVS4400n. I thought, after much research, it would handle all the workload for some time and give me control over the network. Mainly the times that people could use the internet. My childern have found a small hole in the Firewall>IP Based ICL. They have found that if they have something streaming, it will not close out the connections at the times set. In addition, if they have Yahoo voice running it will close the voice portion of the program and leave the messenger up.

I have only found one way to this date of fixing the problem. At 12:05 every night, my system gets turned off and back on at 12:10. This will not allow them to start the connection for anything after that time. The one thing that does bother me is that for those 5 minutes, I have no phone. The powering off is done via a heavy duty digtal timer.

Things I have tried all adding my own Service Managment in to block all. To setting many of the blocks a minute apart to close programs.

Each of the computers has a static IP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: