Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Faisal Sehbai
Level 7
Level 7

How to generate self-signed certificates for period longer than 90 days.

4.8 now issues self-signed certificates for 5 years!

Comments
danielnunes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Faisal,

friend, I made everything that you detailed in your PDF and everything works fine, after the first time.

these instructions is fully helpful.

Thanks a lot.

danielnunes
Level 1
Level 1

Faisal,

please, i have a doubt about that certificate with openssl.

I could see on my old CAS on "X509 Certificate" tab that appears "ROOT CA Certificate" together with CCA Server certificate and private key but after I've generated a certificate with openssl my new CAS show me just CCA Server certificate and private key.

Why does root ca not appear?

thanks

for me SSL certificate is a litlle confuse, if you have any links to understand about it.

thanks a lot

Faisal Sehbai
Level 7
Level 7

Daniel,

Because the identity certificate (certificate for the device) is the root certificate itself! It's a true self-signed certificate, and hence doesn't list itself as a root.

HTH,

Faisal

danielnunes
Level 1
Level 1

Ok Faisal, thanks for you reply..

today i am trying to create a certificate from our microsoft server 2003 but without success!! do you know any material or guide that can I use to replace this certificate to microsoft certificate using NAC?

I was trying to export my certificate with my Private key and our server we try to use the webserver type but the 2003 server returns on *.cer file.

thanks a lot

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: