cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
keithcclark71
Level 3
Level 3

Question

I have 2 choices with this Cisco 1010 and I've always used ASDM on prev gen ASA's. I'm alos standing this up with FMC virtual appliance so what image do I want here???

The Firepower 1010 supports either FTD using Firepower Device Manager 

ASA with ASDM

Answer

Comments
balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

ASA soon going to be end of Life, so suggestion is to go to FTD ( you can manage with FTD, with limited features)

FMC has more features compare to FDM

keithcclark71
Level 3
Level 3

I see but I'm in process of configuring this firewall for compliance. I really can't put in a limited FTD system and I'm putting in FMC virtual appliance. With the FTD image can one also marry that with the FMC ?

keithcclark71
Level 3
Level 3

So looking at this 1010 if I imagine as ASA it now doesn't support firepower services. That being said I bought this thinking I could manage with the FMC. Now I'm confused as if I image as a FTD then that already has a FDM. I purchased url and amp licenses and the FMC virtual appliance for this 1010. Is there any benefit to use the FMC with just this single 1010 running the FTD image as it already has FDM. Can you even tie this 1010 running FTD image into the FMC? Maybe I should return the FMC purchase ??? 

@keithcclark71 wrote:

Question

I have 2 choices with this Cisco 1010 and I've always used ASDM on prev gen ASA's. I'm alos standing this up with FMC virtual appliance so what image do I want here???

The Firepower 1010 supports either FTD using Firepower Device Manager 

ASA with ASDM

Answer

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

FDM has Limited features compare to FMC (if you looking More Features FMC is good option)

see FDM Limitation :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/610/fdm/fptd-fdm-config-guide-610/fptd-fdm-get-started.html

i still use FMC as management tool instead FDM.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: