cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
secureIT
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All,

Found Cisco Bug ID CSCvd78303 under Field Notice: FN - 64291, affected with 9.1(7.8) and its fixed in 9.1(7.16), but this fix is listed in the download list.

Please let me know when this new code will be available (7.1.7.16)?
if not, how to get this image ?
Any interim or non-interim version lower than this (9.1.7.x) is affected ? so downgrading to 9.1.6 or 9.1.5 or 9.1.4 will fix the problem ?

regards

Rajesh

Comments
Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The fixed versions have not be released for download yet. They should be out in a short while after Cisco completes their testing. You can downgrade the ASA's to fix this issue, but this anyway results in a reload - which delays the issue for another 200 days. There is also a possibility that downgrading the ASA's would bring back some of the older issues which have been fixed in newer releases. I would recommend to wait for the new version to be released and then proceed with the upgrade. If any of your ASA's are reaching the 213 day up time mark, reload them to reset the up time.

MATIJA PETROVIC
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

bug details indicate affected products are "Cisco ASA 5500-X Series Firewalls". What about ASAv, are they safe from this bug?

Regards, Matija.

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This issue was caused due to a software bug, so the ASAv should also be affected by this. The Field Notice says all ASA devices and no exception has been provided for ASAv.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/642/fn64291.html

secureIT
Level 4
Level 4

Thank you..

MATIJA PETROVIC
Level 1
Level 1

Apparently ASAv is not affected, at least version 9.4(1)11... I found one of mine running happily with 332 days of uptime.

Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 9.4(1)11
Device Manager Version 7.4(1)

Compiled on Thu 28-Apr-16 17:10 PDT by builders
System image file is "boot:/asa941-11-smp-k8.bin"
Config file at boot was "startup-config"

fw up 332 days 23 hours

Hardware: ASAv, 2048 MB RAM, CPU Pentium II 2600 MHz,
Internal ATA Compact Flash, 256MB
Slot 1: ATA Compact Flash, 8192MB
BIOS Flash Firmware Hub @ 0x0, OKB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: