Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
davebush
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The attached document will guide you through configuring SNMP on a FirePower device using FDM. 

Comments
Martin L
VIP
VIP

Thanks for sharing!

robinson
Level 4
Level 4

Thanks for Sharing the write up.

Steveo2000
Level 1
Level 1

Hey, just want to ask you if you could also explain how to enable SNMP via FDM  (Cisco Firepower 1010) 6.7.

With 6.7 there is no FlexConfig for SNMP anymore and you have to use the REST API and this is nether

documented anywhere, nor are there any tutorials for SNMP configurations via API. This is ridiculously complicated.

BR

Steve

Marcello75
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, how to config the snmp via FDM using 6.7?

I'm using 6.7 version and I'm having the same issue

davebush
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please note that my documentation only works on version 6.6 and prior. (I've used it as far back as version 6.4.) 

For version 6.7 or newer you will need to use @Anupam Pavithran's script from this posting. 

https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-documents/firepower-device-manager-fdm-6-7-snmp-using-python-script/tac-p/4290136#M7147

My FP1010 is on 6.7.0 now, and thanks to Anupam I'm able to get SNMP data into my Stealthwatch Enterprise system. 

ga.hernandez
Level 1
Level 1

I am using FDM on 6.6. My snmp server is located on MGMT interface. I am able to access my FTD GUI using the HTTPS to MGMT IP address; I tried to use the flex config but I got an error, seems like Management1/1 is not an interface, the error disappeared when I used "diagnostic" interface but snmp is not responding yet. What could be wrong?

danny f
Level 1
Level 1

This is another reason I will never recommend Firepower. There is no official way to add snmpv3 that I can find. The process is WAY overcomplicated. When I search for it I come across random blogs with only snmpv2. Cisco has lost my trust in the NGFW space. I just want to easily deploy and monitor network, not learn API's or flexconfig to add a simple snmp query. Super frustrated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: