cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Download

Download the Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) 2.2 which was released on January 31, 2017.

Features

From the ISE 2.2 Release Notes:

Documents

Videos

Comments
Ashley Sahonta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have ISE 2.2.0.470 deployed in my lab and was hoping I could test ou the Easy Wireless Setup wizard, however it is not showing.

Is there a way to get access to that wizard?

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ashley, there are 3 ways you should be able to launch the Easy Wireless Setup:

1) On first login, you should be prompted to try it with a modal dialog

2) Every time you login, in the upper right-hand corner under the (>) icon,  you should see

Click here to do wireless setup Do not show this again.

3) in the upper right-hand corner, click the (>) icon and select Wireless Setup (Beta)

For videos showing how to launch and use the Easy Wireless setup, see our ISE 2.2 Setup Tool for Wireless - YouTube playlist.

Ashley Sahonta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the reply. I get straight to the homepage and the top right button only gives the option for PassiveID and Visibility wizard.

I performed an upgrade from 2.1, not sure if that makes a difference?

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds like it could be a bug.

I'll have to research it and email you directly.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I confirmed with our team that the ISE Easy Wireless Setup does not work after an Upgrade.  It is only supported for new installations.

The reason for this is that this first release of the Easy Wireless tool is not robust enough to work with an existing wireless deployment and all of the complications that may introduce for ISE to configure it. We even label the feature as Beta in the drop-down menu on clean installations. We assume that if you upgraded/restored ISE, there there is a high probability that you were already doing Wireless so we hide the menu.

I'm sorry that was not clearly communicated to you beforehand. The ISE 2.2 Administrators Guide under IntroductionWhat Is Wireless Setup in the 2nd bullet says Wireless Setup is only supported for new installations.

Ashley Sahonta
Level 1
Level 1

Great, thank you for the response.

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Update:

We learned that you can re-enable Easy Wireless Setup even after an Upgrade or Restore using the CLI!

1. Use the command application configure ise
  2. Choose Option 17 (Enable/Disable wifi setup)

You should then be able to see the menu options in the GUI.

The ISE 2.2 documentation will be updated to reflect this capability.

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Bug id: CSCvd19127 - Wireless Setup can be enabled from CLI after upgrade, can't accessible from UI.

Hi,

Thanks for all this labs. Do you have one about deploying EAP-TLS (wired/wireless) using ISE 2.2 as Certificate Authority, and best way to deploy certificat on the clients ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: