cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

2017-02-21_10-55-22.png

As user goes through ISE BYOD flow, the end user is forced to go through 4 step BYOD flow pages; BYOD Welcome, Device Information, Install, Success pages. This document describes using Java Script (JS) to skip step 1 and step 2 of the flow.

Enable JS on the ISE portal pages

1. Go to Administration -> System -> Admin Access -> Settings -> Portal Customization
  2. Select ‘Enable Portal Customization with HTML and JavaScript’ and click Save

Removing Step 1 of BYOD page

1. Go to Work Centers -> BYOD -> Portals & Components for single-SSID flow or Work Centers -> Guest Access -> Portals & Components for dual SSID BYOD flow
  2. Click ‘BYOD Portal (default)’ or one of the guest portals being used for BYOD for dual SSID BYOD flow (For dual-SSID flow, if not already enabled then click on ‘BYOD Settings’ and check ‘Allow employees to use personal devices on the network'
  3. Click ‘Portal Page Customization’
  4. Select BYOD Welcome page
  5. Scroll all the way down to the ‘Optional Content 2’ and click ‘Toggle HTML Source’ button
  6. Paste in the following script

<script>

$('#ui_byod_welcome_start_button').click();

</script>

1. Click 'Toggle HTML Source’ button again (You may see error message on the preview page on the right, but can be ignored)
  2. Click Save on the top of the page

Removing Step 2 of BYOD page

1. Go to Work Centers -> BYOD -> Portals & Components for single-SSID flow or Work Centers -> Guest Access -> Portals & Components for dual SSID BYOD flow
  2. Click ‘BYOD Portal (default)’ or one of the guest portals being used for BYOD for dual SSID BYOD flow (For dual-SSID flow, if not already enabled then click on ‘BYOD Settings’ and check ‘Allow employees to use personal devices on the network'
  4. Select BYOD Device Information page
  5. Scroll to the middle of the page that shows ‘Content Area’ and select ‘Required Device Information’ tab
  6. Scroll all the way down to the ‘Optional Content 2’ and click ‘Toggle HTML Source’ button
  7. Paste in the following script (Note that device information will be populated as 'BYOD device' for all devices)

<script>

$('[id="device.name"]').val('BYOD device');

setTimeout(function(){

$('[type="submit"]').click();

}, 300);

</script>

1. Click 'Toggle HTML Source’ button again (You will not see any update to the preview page on the right)

Changing Step 3 & 4 to show as Step 1 & 2 (since we are skipping the first two steps)

4. Select BYOD Installation page
  5. Scroll all the way down to the ‘Optional Content 2’ and click ‘Toggle HTML Source’ button
  6. Paste in the following script

<script>

$('.step-value').empty().text('1');

</script>

1. Click 'Toggle HTML Source’ button again (You will see the step # changes to 1 on the preview page on the right)
  2. Select BYOD Success page
  3. Scroll all the way down to the ‘Optional Content 2’ and click ‘Toggle HTML Source’ button
  4. Paste in the following script

<script>

$('.step-value').empty().text('2');

</script>

1. Click 'Toggle HTML Source’ button again (You will see the step # changes to 2 on the preview page on the right)

Note: Some devices may not show the correct step number on the top of the page.

Comments
Shaik Moinuddin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

first of all thank you very much, it is very useful. i need support to eliminate on boarding flow 3 step, i really appreciate your support.

thank you,

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Shaik Moinuddin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Howon,

thank you very much for your response, i will give it a try tomorrow, and let you know.

actually we want only AUP from students with dot1x authentication so my authz policy like this,

1. Registered_Devices & AD:group_students then permit_all

2. Ad:group_students then hotspot_portal

when student accept AUP the device should be registered in Registered_Devices endpoint group.

am i right?

regards,

Moinuddin Shaikh

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In the future please ask a new question. This really has nothing to do with this document. You’re not doing BYOD in this flow, you simply want an AUP

Yes what you’re saying should work. However the hotspot will put the device into the guest endpoints group. You can create a new group if you like and assign it under the hotspot portal setting for registered endpoint group.

Shaik Moinuddin
Level 1
Level 1

thank you and i am extremely sorry Sir.

jwolsten1
Level 1
Level 1

I have ISE 2.2.470 patch 16. I have tried the below scripts you suggested but no HTML/JAVA scripts seem to work in my ISE and the scripts seem to disappear after it is saved and you come back to the portal customization. HTML/Java are enabled for the portal customization is enabled and I am pasting it in under the html toggled and I have done it with the same spacing from the forum and with no spaces and I have tried it in both optional content spots and the instructional section of my devices migrated 1.2 port and a new test portal. I have been trying to work with TAC on this and they had no luck in ISE 2.2-2.4 and they experienced the same issues. They said that they do not really support this and I need to reach out in the forums. It just seems like java/html scripts are not responding at all. Do you have some basic script I can test with. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: