Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments

Introduction:

This document explains an issue the user faces when trying to connect to ASA using Cisco AnyConnect.

Problem"

When we try to connect to ASA using Cisco AnyConnect client, the warning message "Security Warning : Untrusted VPN Server Certificate" appears. There is no option to Trust or import the certificate so that the warning is not seen the next time. AnyConnect version used is 3.1.05152. The waring is as shown below:

Solution1:

Upgrading the AnyConnect to version 3.1.06073 or higher will resolve this warning issue as this issue was seen with the AnyConnect version 3.1.05152.

Solution2:

The user can also purchase a certificate for the ASA and install it in the ASA. Also the user can generate a strong self signed certificate (using a 2048-bit RSA key). This certificate is required to be downloaded by the Client and installed in their trusted root CA store. If you use a fully qualified domain name (FQDN) for the VPN users to access the ASA that should be the Common Name (CN) in the certificate.

Source:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12328761/cisco-anyconnecthow-hide-security-warning-untrusted-certificate

Comments
    Cesar Urena
    Level 1
    Level 1

I am having this same issue but on Cisco Router WebVPN is there any way to solve this issue.I have the version 3.1.07021

mostafa.z
    Level 1
    Level 1

hi 

my cisco anyconnect version is 4.7 and ios asa is 9.8.1

but i have this error

how can always connect anyway ?

when system restart and autoreconnect the warning certificate prompt !!!

Untitle59d.png

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: