Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Jay Johnston
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Show Name: ASA Network Address Translation (NAT)

Contributors:  David White Jr., Jay Johnston

Posting Date: September 10, 2013

Description: Jay and David discuss the new NAT configuration style introduced with ASA version 8.3. The overall approach to configuring NAT are discussed, along with troubleshooting techniques, and best practices.

Listen Now    (MP3 35.5 MB; 37:46 mins)

Subscribe to the Podcast in iTunes by clicking the image below:

button_itunes.gifrss.gif

About the Cisco TAC Security Podcast

The Cisco TAC Security Podcast Series is created by Cisco TAC engineers. Each show provides an in-depth technical discussion of Cisco product  security features, with emphasis on troubleshooting.

Complete show listing and show information

Show Notes

Sorry about the corrupted MP3 file. It has been re-uploaded and fixed.

Comments
Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Is there any plans to introduce a CLI command that would show all the parameters of the Auto NAT / Network Object NAT? I mean one command to show us all the parameters under the actual "object". Or rather modify the "show run nat" command to include this information?

At the moment "show run nat" wont provide the full output but requires you to use other commands to show the actual "host" / "subnet" / "range" content of the "object network" which makes it abit tedious.

I for example have to use "show run object id <object name>" to determine its contents

I guess I might be able to use the command "show nat detail" or "show nat object <object name> detail" but doesnt show the information in the actual command format.

Might aswell advertice my NAT document while I am commenting (Work in Progress)

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-31116

- Jouni

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Oh and by the way,

When I try to listen to this podcast it only has a run time of 14min 36 seconds.

- Jouni

Magnus Mortensen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We're working to fix that right now. Our apologies!

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No problem

Fred Ferrell
Level 1
Level 1

Were there any show notes with this podcast?  I was interested in seeing the use cases for the different types of NAT that were discussed.

ASPasha
Level 1
Level 1

Really loved it.

I would like to meet with you guys when GE team is in RTP next month.

Best regards.

Adil Pasha.

David White
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Adil,

Sure, sounds great.  Email us directly:   securityshow [at] cisco.com 

so we can work out the details!

Sincerely,

David.

tbell
Community Member

HI,

Where are the show notes, referred to in the mp3?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: