cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
suddesai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Introduction

This script was written to gather the current software version, SRU version, and VDB version from remote Sensors.

get_sensor_sw_versions.pl

To execute the script, first copy the script onto the Defense Center. The script can be run from any directory, but for convention /var/common, /var/tmp, and /Volume/home/admin, are most often used. The following example uses /Volume/home/admin:

admin@dc:~$ ls

Then, elevate privileges with "sudo -i" to allow the script to run all the commands it needs to operate properly and change back to the directory where the script was copied:

admin@dc:~$ sudo -i
Password:

root@dc:~# cd /Volume/home/admin/

root@dc:/Volume/home/admin# ls

Then run the script:

root@dc:/Volume/home/admin# perl get_sensor_sw_versions.pl

The output file will be placed into /var/common with the following format:  hostname_version_info.csv

Please contact me for any enhancement requests.

Output:

This script collects current software/VDB/SRU versions to CSV file in /var/common/:

Warning: Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.

File created: /var/common/dc_version_info.csv

Sample output:

root@dc:/var/common# cat dc_version_info.csv

DEVICE, IP, MODEL, SN, SWVERSION, SRU, VDB
543dSensor, 169.254.11.22, Virtual Device 64bit, None, 5.4.0.7, 2016-07-25-001-vrt, 271

Compatibility Information:

Version

Verified

Additional Information

Platform

Verified

Additional Information

SFR module

3D sensor

FMC

FTD

FX-OS

Not tested against this platform yet.

Comments
NOOKALARAMU
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sudhir,

Can you please add another step where we can get sensing interface (s1p1 or s2p2..), Group and Domain info columns for sensors?

Thanks,

Ramu

suddesai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ramu,

I will look into adding this to the script.  I do not think it should be an issue; but will need some time to check it out and add the features.

Thank you for the suggestion!

Cheers,

Sudhir

suddesai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi all, please use this script (https://github.com/Lv2hack/fmc-api) to pull the same information that the perl script used to provide. It leverages the FMC API and is currently supported.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: