Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments

Problem

When the user double-clicks the Cisco VPN Client icon, the lock shows up in the system tray, and the application shows in the taskbar. The VPN Client is not visible on the screen and so the user is not able to click on the "connect" button to get connected throug the VPN. This happens when using VPN Client version 5.00.07.0410

Resolution

Perform the following steps to solve the issue on the windows 7 pc:

For Windows 7:

• 1.       Hold the Alt key, press Tab key until the VPN Client window is highlighted. Release Alt.
  • 2.       Hold the Windows key and press the right arrow key once. This should bring the window back on screen.

Perform the following steps if the previous steps did not work or the user has a windows XP pc:

• 1.     Alt-tab to the Cisco window
  • 2.     Press Alt+Space.
  • 3.     Press M.
  • 4.     Press any Arrow key.
  • 5.     Move the mouse. The window position should now follow the mouse cursor.

Source:https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3352209#3352209

Comments
shailendravermag
Community Member

I could have never thought of this.  Solution you provided worked for me.  Thanks a ton bro.

slynn0001
Community Member

Thank you for this explanation and solution.  This issue has plagued me for two months.  It is now resolved.

qasim.nawaz
Community Member

Thanks, this procedure worked for me. Great.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: