cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS Accesibility

rpastrana
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I was wondering if an ACS appliance is it accesible with a screen, keyboard and mouse, wanted to restart the web service, since it's giving us java exceptions when logging. Since rdp is not enabled to be accessible remotely, I was wondering if would it be possible to access the OS physically.

Kind regards.

11 Replies 11

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

I would suggest please try changing the Java runtime parameters" with the value "-Xmx256m.

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I assume you are running ACS 4.x solution engine. The issue should not be with csadmin (web service).

If that's a case than you can also console into it and try

restart csadmin

More info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_solution_engine/4.2/installation/guide/solution_engine/cliap.html#wp1202750

Establishing seial console connection

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_solution_engine/4.2/installation/guide/solution_engine/instalap.html#wp1065399

Let me know how it goes.

Jatin Katyal
- Do rate helpful posts -

~Jatin

Hello, we are actually using an ACS 5.3, I have checked the web app should be working, but looks like not, I have tried these commands but showing error outputs:

ACS/admin# acs config-web-interface rest disable

Failed to modify webapp state

ACS/admin# show acs-config-web-interface

migration interface : status is not available (error)

Kind regards.

By the way, is there any way to restart the web service of the ACS ? It's not loading right from various stations with different browsers in the same lan of the ACS.

Kind regards.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

ACS appliance or VM-based installations have a command line interface accessible via ssh to the server address. You will need the admin password to login there.

"show application status acs" will tell you if the processes are running properly. If not, you can run "application stop acs and then "application start acs" to restart the application.

admin# show application status acs

ACS role: PRIMARY

Process 'database'                  running

Process 'management'                running

Process 'runtime'                   running

Process 'adclient'                  running

Process 'ntpd'                      running

Process 'view-database'             running

Process 'view-jobmanager'           running

Process 'view-alertmanager'         running

Process 'view-collector'            running

Process 'view-logprocessor'         running

Hmmm everything seems in "running" guess we will have to do an "acs stop/start" or even restart the whole server itself? Thanks for the response.

Kind regards.

You're welcome.

ACS can be particular about your browser. I have good luck with IE (even IE 10) and Java 1.6. I avoid the Java 7 as it tends to break too many Cisco applications.

Please rate the post if it helps.

Could you please let me know what all browser have you used?

Jatin Katyal

~Jatin

Hello, we have been using IE explorer, google chrome, firefox, all in their latests version, I don't think it's a browser issue, we are using version 5.3.0.40.8, we actually have a pair of ACS same version/patch, and the backup is accessible without issues through web interface. I think it could be an issue with the webserver failing, since it's giving us error 500 all the time, i reaches the server, but the site is down in the Primary ACS, these last 2 days, it's finally failing, but the ACS accounting/authentication is working properly on the VPN and Wifi Services. Is there any doc related to this type of issue ? I've tried searching but can't seem to find something related.

Kind regards.

can you set the management logs to debug level, duplicate the issue, generate the support bundle and share it here with the time stamp when you actually tried to access it.

Jatin Katyal

~Jatin

Hello, I'm gonna try it out, but we had to restart the machine since it wasn't accessible, don't know if the issue can be duplicated, the ACS has been working for 2 years and just a month ago or so, the web access started to fail a lot and the system was giving java exceptions in the logs, but the main funcstions of the ACS was working right, the people could authenticate against the ACS. Will there be a high CPU/Memory comsumption with the management debug log ? I'm asking since it's a production enviroment.

Kind regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card