Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding Active/Standby HA to CSM

Hello Experts,

We have ASAs running in Active/standby mode, I would like to know if we need to add both Asas to the CSM or just to the active one ?

If we just need to add active FW then how are we going to do interface configuration, let say I want to add a new interface that should be having an active and a standby IP address. However, at CSM I can't see any option to configure a standby IP address.

Do we need to add both firewalls and need to do interface level config individually ?

Please advise if someone out here has already faced similar issues.

Thanks,

Prashant

3 Replies 3

Where do I edit the Standby IP on the Cisco ASA Firewall via CSM.

You are probably looking for it in the properties of the firewall object itself.  I don't have the software in front of me, but I think CSM considers failover/HA to be a "policy" item.  Look for the Failover policy in the policy tree.

Not sure if you have already got the answer for this but following procedure will let you add the secondary IP on cisco ASA via CSM:

Select any context(if you are using one) go to "Platform" choose "Device Admin" and then choose "Failover". Under bridge group configuration edit the bridge group you want to edit and add the standby IP.

Hope this helps

Regards,

KC

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card