Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM - Possible incorrect order in sending commands to ASA

palonso_3
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I dont know if this is a bug in different versions of ASDM or something that i'm doing wrong but it could be solved changing something.

I've tested this with different versions of ASDM, from 7.2.2 to 7.4.1, and different versions of ASA, asa923-4-smp-k8 and asa923-smp-k8.

What i'm trying to do is very simple. I have already created an object and i want to change the name of this object. Then i want to create a new object with the same name that the previous object had with another ip address. These are the resulting commands and the order they are going to be sent to the ASA.

object network object1
 host 1.2.3.4
object network object1 rename object1_nuevo

These commands change the ip address to the first object and then change its name. And what they should result in, would be,

First, object network object1 rename object1_nuevo

Then create a new object, with the new ip address

object network object1
 host 1.2.3.4

Is this a bug in ASDM? If i apply the changes step by step, there's no error logically.

Is there an option in ASDM or in ASA to send these commands in this order, so that, they dont mix the name and ip address of the object?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

4 Replies 4

prasmura
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We do not have an option on ASDM or ASA to define how to order the command sequence.

This should be defect.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. There's a case opened to see if there's a possibe workaround.

Kind regards

prasmura
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The issue is now fixed in version 7.5(1)

Hi Prasad,

Thank you for your reply. We'll try this new version of ASDM and tell you the results.

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: