Hope you can help me with this issue.
I'm trying to manage an brand new ASA 5525-X with ASDM, the image we have are the following:
ASA image: asa861-2-smp-k8.bin
ASDM image: asdm-66114.bin
this are the default images that came with the device.
I also add the SSL encryption to the configuration, enable the http server and allow any ip to manage the device from the inside interface. But still can not access ASDM. 3DES and AES are include in our license.
Can anyone help me with this?
What I did was this:
1. checked if the license support 3des and aes.
2. run this command "ssl encryption aes128-sha1 3des-sha1"
3. also checked the asdm image name on flash and on the boot command. (I found several ASAs with this configuration incorrect, where the image is for example asdm-641.bin and on the boot command is asdm-64411.bin), if it is different just change it with the correct name on flash.
also remember to checked the whole configuration is ok, like
1. ip address and name on the interface you will connect to.
2. enable the https service with "http server enable"
3. allowed the https service on the interface, for example "http 0 0 inside"
and you need to run JRE and the latest windows updates.
After that it all worked just fine
Hope this helps you
There can be a lot of causes due not being able to get in through ASDM.
It could be that you are missing the HTTP commands such as HTTP SERVER ENABLE or the correct ACL to HTTP.
Also, the ASDM image might not be linked. Look for an ASDM IMAGE command in your SHOW RUN.
Or the ASDM image may not even be present on flash at all. Do a SHOW DISK0: etc.
More info here.