cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Firepower Management Center, (VMWare) for 2 devices license with Cisco Firepower 2130 NGFW question

Hello Community,

I've heard from a technical Cisco staff that i must buy Cisco Firepower Management Center, (VMWare) for 25 devices (P/N: FS-VMW-SW-K9) if i need to do setup HA configuration for both 2 units of Cisco Firepower 2130 NGFW. according to the Cisco Firepower Management Center, (VMWare) for 2 devices (P/N: FS-VMW-2-SW-K9) didn't support for Cisco Firepower 2130.

I've no idea if the information above i've heard true or not?

I just want to setup HA for both Cisco Firepower 2130 NGFW unit as active-standby as it can't do setup by FDM.

can anybody help me to confirm this information?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That used to be the case with the old PAK license type SKU you mentioned.

There is a new Smart License SKU that is not restricted to managing ASA FirePOWER service modules. You can order part number SF-FMC-VMW-2-K9. List price is the same as the older SKU type (US$500). There is also a 10-device similar SKU for US$2000 list price.

If you think you may ever need more than 2 devices managed you are better to buy the 2nd one as there is no upgrade SKU for 2 to 10 license level (and you cannot add a second 2-device license to a given FMC).

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That used to be the case with the old PAK license type SKU you mentioned.

There is a new Smart License SKU that is not restricted to managing ASA FirePOWER service modules. You can order part number SF-FMC-VMW-2-K9. List price is the same as the older SKU type (US$500). There is also a 10-device similar SKU for US$2000 list price.

If you think you may ever need more than 2 devices managed you are better to buy the 2nd one as there is no upgrade SKU for 2 to 10 license level (and you cannot add a second 2-device license to a given FMC).

Hello Marvin,

This answer is very helpful  for me it’s help me to understand and resolved my issue.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best Regards,

Tanapat Anutarakun

You're welcome. Thanks for the rating.

Hello Marvin,

Thanks for the information

I have a unique case where my customer has an existing FMC that manage 3 devices with FS-VMV-2-SW-K9 where I believe is there is 1 older Firepower unit (FireSight) and 2 ASA5525 Firepower, all managed in the same FMC.

What if the customer plans to purchase additional 2 new Firepower 2110 NGFW (HA) and need to be managed by FMC. What should we propose? 

New Smart License FMC that cover 10 devices? 

and what step should I do in migrating old FMC to new FMC in above cases?

Thanks

Andryan VT

Hi Marvin,

Meaning i can use FS-FMC-VMW-2-K9 if i need to manage 2100 devices? use for HA features?

Thanks,

Neil

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card