Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE LDAP

Marco Serato
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I´ve got a problem with the authorization to use a condition with an External Group from the LDAP.

I bind the LDAP-Server to the ISE and can select all groups that I need for my authorization condition.

Now I want to create an authorization profile with the use of the group “Admins”.

My policy looks like:

LDAP: ExternalGroups EQUALS CN=Admins,DC=mydomain,DC=com

The live monitor said every time reject by authorization profile. If I use NOT EQUALS, then the computer get access to the network. It is very confused, because the computer is a member of the group “Admins”.

Can anybody help?

Many thanks.

7 Replies 7

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I've seen issues while selecting LDAP as an external db with condition/attribute as ExternalGroups. Could you please go to live authentication , clcik on the magnifying glass and paste the details of failed attempt. I would like to know if this group is coming up in the memberOf attributes for the user.

Jatin Katyal
- Do rate helpful posts -

~Jatin

Marco Serato
Level 1
Level 1

The appendix is an excerpt. I used the group "domain computers" for test. But I can´t see the group in the attributtes.

I hope it is helpful.

In the appendix are some missing. Here are the Other Attributes:

MTU=1500,CPMSessionID=AC1C01C7000000040022D940,EndPointMACAddress=93-9A-88-AD-18-EE,Device Type=Device Type#All Device Types,Location=Location#All Locations,Device IP Address=192.168.178.254,Called-Station-ID=02:81:D0:11:EC:31

Since it's not coming in authentication request there is no way the condition will get matched. Please don't use domain computers group for user authentication. Could you please assign user a different group like domain admins and test again.

Jatin Katyal
- Do rate helpful posts -

~Jatin

The same effect. The ISE said "Authentication failed : 15039 Rejected per authorization profile".

I tried 3 groups without success.

edondurguti
Level 4
Level 4

post screenshot of your authorization rules.

Here the screenshot

Has anybody an idea? The problem still exists.

I have bind the LDAP add groups from directory once again. But the same effect.

If I use

LDAP:ExternalGroups Equals CN=domain computers,OU=computer, DC=mydomain,DC=com

Mycomputer get no network access. Without this condition I get full access. I despair of this problem.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card