cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Security Manager CSM client installation fails on Windows 8

markturner
Level 1
Level 1

When we try to install CSMClientSetup on windows 8 - 64 bit   it comes up with an error saying

Installer User Interface mode not supported

The installer cannot run in this UI mode. Toe specify the interface use the -i command-line option followed by the UT mode identifier.

The valid UI modes are

GUI

Console

Silent

Tried the above options but the installation still fails. Has anyone managed to get this working ?

Many thanks

Mark

6 Replies 6

markturner
Level 1
Level 1

For information I tried the following from a DOS window with "run as admin"

C:\Cisco Docs\Cisco Security Manager>CSMClientSetup.exe -i GUI

C:\Cisco Docs\Cisco Security Manager>CSMClientSetup.exe -i Console

C:\Cisco Docs\Cisco Security Manager>CSMClientSetup.exe -i Silent

But nothing shown for any installation in the control panel.

Thanks

Mark

wendeljcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Go to properties for the installer executable, compatibility tab, select Windows 7.

this works for the initial install, but the patches, like CSMClient4.4.0Patch2.exe, do not have a Compatibility tab in their properties.

I noticed the same thing too. I was able to resolve the issue by right clicking on the installation file, and then click on "Troubleshoot compatibility".

Windows will offer you two choices 1. Try recommended settings, or 2. Troubleshoot program. Choose Troubleshoot program, then choose "...program worked in earlier version of Windows...", then choose "Windows 7", then next, and choose "Test the program". This will force the file to run in compatibility mode.

This appears to work for CSM 4.6 as well.

but beware:

only Win 7 Enterprise 64 Bit is listed as supported OS for CSM Client.

ccg-security
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Tried using the "Compatibility Mode" to Windows 7 and it's working and also don't forget to "Run as Administrator".

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card