Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Works SNMP write community string Incorrect

shansuresh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have installed Cisco Works at my organisation. Under RME -> Inventory -> Import status -> Device Attribute Error: I am getting: Incorrect SNMP write community strings. Even though i know perfectly well the SNMP write community string is correct. To prove that, if I delete the device and then add the same device using the same SNMP write community string it works fine. then a couple of days later, it comes up with the same message "SNMP write community string is incorrect". I have increased the time and retries for the SNMP settings at the ANI server, still it has not resolved the issue.

Please help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Have you tried searching CCO Bug Toolkit to see if it shows any bugs in your versionf for this issue?

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Have you tried searching CCO Bug Toolkit to see if it shows any bugs in your versionf for this issue?

I have sharched the CCO bug toolkit and according them, it was a know issue for verion 3.4 but it has been fixed for Ver RME 3.5. But we are currently running RME 3.5, therefore it does not make any sense.

After applying all the RME 3.5 updates (IDU v.9 was the last), I reentered the WRITE community string and updated the inventory. That resolved the problem for me.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card