cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CS-MANAGER: Catalyst 6500 in VSS mode not supported????

nicolas.delrio
Level 1
Level 1

We have recently moved from CSM 3.2 to CSM 3.3.1 Service Pack 3.

We are now trying to add a Cisco Catalyst 6513 configured in VSS mode using 12.2(33)SXI5 software. When we try to add th device from network, it starts Discovering the configurations, and when it reaches the 15%, we got the message "Discovery Failed - Invalid Device: Catalyst in VSS mode is not Supported"

I´ve attached to this post the screenshot showing the error

Any idea of what can i do to manage this device on CSM??

BEst Regards,
Nicolás

3 Replies 3

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Nicolas

VSS is not supported even in the latest CSM release 4.1 AFAIK

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/security_management/cisco_security_manager/security_manager/4.1/compatibility/information/csmsd410.html

Check with your Cisco account team whether it is going to be added anytime soon.

Please rate if you find the input helpful.

Regards

Farrukh

Hello Farrukh!

Thanks for your reply.

I've added the Cat 65K to a CSM 3.2.2, and it worked. I do not understand the reason for not supporting this device in the new versions.
Moving to CSM 4.X is not an option for us in this moment. I think that we will be using CSM 3.3 for at least a couple of month.

I will our Cisco account team whether it is going to be added anytime soon.

Thanks,
Nicolás

I think it was never supported, in earlier versions they forgot to put a warning message, then they added the message later on.

If it lets you add the VSS Device in the older versions, it does not mean it will work 100%....in fact it can behave strangely anytime because of its 'unsupported' state. I would not recommend managing those device(s) through CSM, unless you get assurance from someone at Cisco TAC.

Regards

Farrukh

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card