cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM 4.1 - Flexconfig (Syntax errors detected - Failed to setup Velocity Engine to validate syntax)

noc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to build a simple flexconfig to remove some aaa statements. When I try to create any

basic flexconfig, I get the following error msg:

Syntax errors detected

Failed to setup Velocity Engine to validate syntax

Please correct errors.

The flexconfig consisted of the following cmd:

no aaa group server tacacs+ server123

I also tried cloning an existing example "IOS_enable_SSL", rename and recieved the same error.

What is the Velocity Engine and how can I verify that this component is working correctly?

Regards

Kevin

8 Replies 8

matarasov
Level 1
Level 1

Try downgrading Java version on your machine.

This version works: java version "1.6.0_03"

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I've got the same issue with CSM 4.2 SP1 while trying to add sysopt connection tcpmss 0.

Using latest java on my local machine (for security reasons no downgrade possible).

Any solution?

This had worked in 3.3.x.

Just updated my local Java installation to Java 7 Update 4 (the current one) and Flexconfigs work again

With Java 7 Update 7+ (or so) it also stopped working again.

I'm now using a VM with Win XP and Java 6 to configure my Flex Configs.    

Can someone provide valid java version for CSM 4.3 SP1? I'm using newest Java 7 update 11 and FlexConfigs don't work at all. New or existing configs, no difference. Same error

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Just discovered that I once saved this bug here: https://www.cisco.com/cisco/psn/bssprt/bss?searchType=bugIdSearch&bugId=CSCtz91443

They write since around today that it's finally fixed. Maybe this actually also fixes our issue here. Sadly there isn't yet a version given in which it's fixed.

An Update. It still happens with CSM 4.4, but I discovered now that it works if I start CSM with "Run as admin".

I can verify that it still happens with CSM 4.4 SP1 but that running CSM using "run as administrator" works here too.

CSM 4.4 SP1 with Java 7u21

-Michel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: