cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to retrieve data. Submit the saved changes. (Cisco Security Manager "Find Usage")

When I inCSM, click on "Policy Object Manager" and then choose in the list of any "Host" (or any other object), click on it, right click and choose "Find Usage", to see a list of ASA and rules where the object is used, I have when listing ASA and clicking on any of them with the left mouse button in the panel "Detail Panel" I displayed a strange inscription "Unable to retrieve data. Submit the saved changes", instead of a list of rules, where must be "activated" the object of interest. The strange thing that so displayed on almost all used ASA, but not all, some adequately displays a list of rules using the object. Solution server restart Cisco Security Manager, but for a while, after a certain period, without apparent reason, everything is repeated like before .. ((
Tell me which way to at least make digging, then every time I reboot the server in this scenario as it is not so? Maybe someone faced?

this screen show how it looks..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There is a TAC case oped regarding this issue at the moment.

Symptom:
When using the find usage tool within Cisco Security Manager (CSM), the below error is returned.

"Unable to display any data. this may be due to the following reasons..."

Conditions:
CSM running 4.6sp1.

Workaround:
Recreate the CSM index using CSM Client > Tools > Cisco Security Manger - Administration > Customize Desktop > Recreate Index.

The above workaround seems to work in our case. Still waiting for the solution from TAC.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Yuriy Kryukov
Level 1
Level 1

Unable to retrieve data. Submit the saved changes. (Cisco Security Manager "Find Usage")  - I am having the same issue for 4.6SP1 CSM while trying to find usage for the object.

There is a TAC case oped regarding this issue at the moment.

Symptom:
When using the find usage tool within Cisco Security Manager (CSM), the below error is returned.

"Unable to display any data. this may be due to the following reasons..."

Conditions:
CSM running 4.6sp1.

Workaround:
Recreate the CSM index using CSM Client > Tools > Cisco Security Manger - Administration > Customize Desktop > Recreate Index.

The above workaround seems to work in our case. Still waiting for the solution from TAC.

any new about this issue .

We habe the same Problem with 4.8 SP1

Hi,

Try this solution. From a TAC case we had.

Do the following :

Stop the Deamon Manager “net stop crmdmgtd”

Move all contents of the folder CSC0px/MDC/search to a temp directory outside the CSC0pc folder

Restart CSM services  “net start crmdmgtd” and monitor the behavior

/Tomas

hi

This solution helps temporary  but the issue appears frequently .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: