Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
mirober2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This video provides a basic overview for enabling port forwarding to allow access to a DMZ server through a Cisco ASA using ASDM.

3 Comments
llamaw0rksE
Level 1
Level 1

I have some comments for the NAT setup discussion.

(1)  Since one probably will setup a truly singular object for a server and host information I do not concur with the wording that stated we need a network object that will represent our server.  In fact this embedded NAT object is really a portforwarding object that ties in a port or service to a host IP.   Much better to call this  www4nat   or RDP_4_Nat etc..   and reserve the server name or identification for its own object. (for ACL rules for example)

(2)  The video goes two quickly over the Advanced page, entirely missing the Interface selections and more importantly the Important relationship between the destination address there, with the Translated address in the first popup page.

Other Notes:

(3) You can access the object NAT from the objects menu (I did not intuitively use the small arrow beside the larger ADD button on the NAT rules page and consequently kept ending up trying to make more complex manual nat rules.

(4) Speaking of which, I would like to get some examples of manual nat (twice nat) on video as a logical next step in programming the router.   Throw in a second WANIP on the router and deal with servers on the inside and DMZ.

(5)  Although docs state ACLs are acted upon first, there is that UNNAT in the packet tracer.  That has to be reconciled and explained in more detail.  Especially since there is a NAT function later.  

mazebenzc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I tried many vidoes here but they are all not working,, is there any thing should be added

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Maybe you need to update Flash player or something. This video for example is working just fine for me.

Or you can ask more on the Security / Firewall section about configuring NAT. Though there usually instructions are given in the CLI configuration format and not ASDM.

- Jouni

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: