cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

ASA Version 8.3 NAT Configuration By: Jay Johnston

Jay Johnston is a Cisco Support Engineer. In this video blog, Jay outlines the basic concepts behind configuration Network Address Translation (NAT) on the Cisco ASA platform in software version 8.3.

NAT config example

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9129

ASA 8.3 CLI Guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security
/asa/asa83/configuration/guide/nat_overview.html

4 Comments
hdashnau
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jay, this is a great video! It's very straighforward and informative. Im also impressed you were able to type all that so quickly without typos

Difan Zhao
Level 5
Level 5

I was 100% against this new nat configuration until I watched this video. Awesome video that you made! Clear and easy to understand. Same as Hdashnau, I'm surprised that you didn't have a single typo throughout the video!!!

This was very nice video introduction, thanks.

I need to have a Dual ISP on the ASA and I want to route traffic business relate to T1 base on destination address, the rest of destinations ip will be route to the second ISP DSL connection. I don't want load balancing but route traffic base con destination. Any help will be excellent.

thanks.

How can I do this configuration on 8.3 ????

nat (inside) 1 0 0
global (ISP1) 1 interface
global (ISP2) 1 interface
route ISP1 128.0.0.0 128.0.0.0 1.1.1.2 
route ISP2 0.0.0.0 128.0.0.0 2.2.2.2
The first creates a default route that routes addresses with the first  bit of 1 to 1.1.1.2 of ISP1.
The second creates a default route that routes addresses with the first bit of 0 to 2.2.2.2 of ISP2.

martijnheemels
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks! This makes the new system a lot clearer to me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: